The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), awarded by Purbanchal University is committed to make you enable to become confident, competent and skilled professional who can effectively manage and lead business and social organizations in today’s environment. BBA program in PCMS emphasizes problem‑solving competence needed in highly competitive environments. It also develops creative thinking. We offer a varied choice, where you can choose a set of elective courses from among several courses to develop a career in your area of interest as our courses are designed to integrate the conceptual framework of management study with their application and also, specialized in the areas of Marketing, Finance, Accounting and Human Resources. The Course material of BBA Program is designed as a four years’ program subdivided into eight semesters. The overall eight semesters will contain 43 subjects carrying cumulatively 129 credit hours.
Objectives of BBA Programme
A unique opportunity to pursue a PROFESSIONAL DEGREE in MANAGEMENT after 12th Standard.
Passing 10+2 is vital and deciding what to do next is critical. Choosing a course that gives the students competence and confidence is important. The curriculum of BBA will equip the students to excel in every new initiative and they will be recognized both nationally and internationally. This program aims at producing quality management professionals through a well-structured syllabus with specialization in Marketing, Finance, Human Resource, Operations Management and System.
Why BBA in PCMS GSM ?
This programme is approved and recognized by Government of Nepal and affiliated to Purbanchal University, to create an academic center of excellence. The college Itself have one of the oldest existence in Chitwan, with one and only Management Focused College in the town.
• World class learning environment
• Support from experienced core faculty members
• Research orientation and paper presentation
• Continuous learning from prevailing business environment and corporate leadership
• Technology enabled teaching and learning
• Competitive and collaborative spirit
• Continuous improvement of processes and systems
• Focus on management learning & lifelong learning
• Exposure to national & international seminars.
• Holistic personality grooming through specialized classes
• Language lab. for strengthening communication skills
• Emphasis on team work & commitment for success
• Learning through mentor-mentee system, case based learning, small team interaction, project groups and involvement in specialized clubs
• Placement Cell and training for better employability
Rules and Regulations
The BBA, a full-time professional degree programme, shall have eight semesters. After successful completion of the eight semesters, students will be awarded with BBA [Bachelor of Business Administration] Degree. Further continuation of two more years with successful completion of four more semesters will lead to MBA degree. Both the degrees will be awarded by Purbanchal University. Eligibility Criteria for Admission +2 from HSEB or its equivalent in any discipline with minimum 45% marks in aggregate. (For BBA) Graduate or its equivalent with minimum CGPA 2.5 or 50% marks in aggregate. (For MBA)
• Application Form and Prospectus are available from the Campus. Application form can also be
• downloaded from the institute’s website i.e. www.pcms.edu.np
• Students having successfully completed Higher Secondary Certificate / Class Xll/ Equivalent Examination of any approved Board/Authority are eligible to apply.
• The Application Forms duly filled in by the students in their hand writing should reach the Corporate office/campus by the stipulated date.
• Selection will be made on the basis of Entrance Test, academic career and personal interview to be conducted by the College.
• Students should abide by rules and regulation of the college.
• Selection / admission of an applicant shall be invalidated in case of suppression of fact, submission of incorrect information, forging of documents etc, if detected before, during or after the selection / admission. Such cases shall be reported to the police for appropriate action.
• The selected applicants will have to deposit the registration and /or other fees by the stipulated date(s) failing which their selection / admission will stand forfeited. In case a student has paid the registration fee in time but delays payment of the other fees/ installment beyond the stipulated date, the registration fees so paid will stand forfeited and the student will have no claim for admission.
A student has to attend a minimum of 75% of classes in a Semester to be permitted to appear at end-semester examination. However, a student with 60% of attendance would be permitted for end semester examination with submission of a valid and acceptable medical certificate. In case a candidate is unable to acquire the stipulated attendance at the end of any semester, he/she shall not be allowed to take the End Semester Examination. The candidate shall have to take re-admission
in the concerned semester, next year and acquire minimum stipulated attendance to be eligible to appear in the examination.
There will be approximately 48 hours of classes for each subject in a semester.
Continuous evaluation in terms of class tests, Case study presentation, class participation etc. Candidate has to secure at least 40% marks in both theory and practical and 50% in aggregate in order to pass the examination. The result will be declared by the University on the basis of the average marks secured in all the Eight Semesters for BBA Degree. And average of the marks secured in the Four Semesters for MBA Degree.
The Institute attaches great importance to good conduct and a disciplined way of life and thus expects a sense of responsibility and high degree of maturity from all the students. Therefore, students are advised to conduct themselves in line with the rules and regulations of the Institute.
• The students are required to strictly follow the rules of the institute, library, computer laboratory and the hostel as prescribed and amended from time to time.
• All students must follow the dress code/ uniform specified by the Institute inside and
• outside the campus. Any deviation in uniform / dress code will be seriously viewed and students without prescribed uniform will not be allowed to enter into the premises.
• The students are required to use their identity cards and produce the same on demand by the authorities.
• All the students should attend at least the minimum attendance as per the university norms to be eligible to appear at examination.
• Assignments/ project works should be submitted on due date.
• Students are required to deposit the course fee on or before the specified date.